Nov 23, 2018
Welcome to Season 2 of the Why Arizona Podcast! Your host, Ashley Law, is sitting down with Shelby Lawson. Shelby is the owner and founder of BloomFit Training where she's bringing a movement of body positivity into fitness!
- What is BloomFit Training?
- Why do people go to the gym?
- How has photoshop changed the way we view people in society?
- What is body positivity?
- How you can get past what you “should do.”
- The importance of changing the conversations that we’re having with ourselves.
- Why is BloomFit Training different?
- How to avoid “shame based” motivation
- Where do we learn our beliefs?
- How Ashley Law overcame her eating disorder.
- How can we implement Emotional Hygiene?
- Why do we beat ourselves up?
- Advice for being healthy going into the holidays.
- Why you should always remember that Progress is Greater Than Perfection!
Thank you so much for listening!
Don’t forget to check out all of the things we’re up to at Why Arizona online at:
Connect with Shelby Lawson on Instagram: @shelbitheyogini
Connect with BloomFit Training on Instagram: @bloomfittraining
Find Shelby’s next event with BloomFit Training on her website:
Connect with Ashley on Instagram: @speakupbuttercup_
People & Companies Mentioned in the Episode:
Body Positivity instagram Accounts:
Megan Jayne Crabbe - @Bodyposipanda
Rini - @Ownitbabe
Teresa Brenneman - @teresa.be.a.lion
Taryn Brumfitt - @bodyimagemovement
Carolyn Viggh - @carolynviggh
Chidera Eggerue - @theslumflower
Preslie Hirsch - @heypreslie
Body Positive Activewear Companies: