Dec 19, 2018
Welcome back to another episode
of the Why Arizona Podcast, season 2 with your Host, Ashley Law. On
this episode Ashley has the opportunity to meet with Olenka
Cullinan, CEO and Founder of Rising Tycoons and #iStartFirst
Olenka was born and raised in
Tula, Russia, her mother an entrepreneur, had her start taking
English lessons at the age of seven, and by the age of 14, she was
assisting her entrepreneur mother with the business, translating
documents, and interpreting at negotiations for multi-million
Her charisma and passion for
helping others allows her to effortlessly inspire those around her.
She uses her knowledge, and passion to help teen leaders become
successful in school and in the world, and has done so with
teenagers from 21 different countries. She combines humor and
personal experience when delivering her message to teens and women
She reaches countless numbers of
women through the #iStartFirst which was inspired by her mother who
instilled the entrepreneurial attitude in Olenka at a very young
Talked About On This
Ashley looks up to Olenka.
- Olenka tells us her story, and how #iStartFirst
came to be.
don’t women play bigger?
- Trying to find something that you identify
- Olenka, on being a big fan of fear.
you don’t know what to do or where to start, start by doing
something that you fear.
don’t teach anything that I haven’t tried myself.”- Olenka
does Mario Kart have to do with facing your fears?
- Olenka’s theory of there being 90 seconds to
- Hitting that “brick wall” so that you can move
on to the next level.
social media influences fear in our world today.
Olenka recommends, just do whatever it takes until you are no
realistic and celebrating the small accomplishments along the
is always better than perfect”- Olenka Cullinan
it is that you can never be better than your mindset.
- Comparing business to paint by numbers. Anyone
can be taught how to paint by numbers, but only you can control
- Ashley discusses how she is a recovering
perfectionist, and that having something “done is better than
perfect”, really resonates with her.
you read the book “Girl Wash Your Face”?
lies we tell ourselves, and how they are a reminder of what we feel
we haven’t yet accomplished.
- Olenka recommends making a list of what you
need to celebrate before moving on to the next step.
it’s amazing to celebrate the “win”, we spend 80% of getting to
that point in the process, so maybe we should be celebrating the
process along the way.
- Olenka talks about how when she’s running a
marathon, if she isn’t enjoying herself then crossing the finish
line doesn’t mean anything to her.
- Ashley talks about running a half
- Olenka talks about how people don’t struggle
with negative thinking, for whatever reason that comes very easily,
it’s the positive thinking that people struggle with.
are women terrible about saying positive things about
- Learning to share your highs, and your lows and
learning to celebrate the little victories on the way to whatever
your goal may be.
- Olenka talks about what to expect at one of her
#iStartFirst bootcamps aren’t just for entrepreneurs, they attract
a diverse group of women.
creating a raw, authentic and real environment is important to
allowing boot camp attendees to feel safe.
- People crave relationships and connections in
real life, Olenk tries to help people do this.
- Olenka talks about how creating a goal, means
that it must also be measurable, because numbers don’t
- Olenka talks about teaching women and young
girls how to manage their finances.
- Believing that the Universe will always bring
you what it is you ask for.
- Knowing that finance isn’t some hidden sparkly
unicorn in space.
- Trying to simplify finance, make it easy for
women to understand. It’s not something that is traditionally
taught to us in school.
- Knowing how to manage your money no matter your
income, just because you can afford a fancy financial advisor
doesn’t mean you shouldn’t know what’s happening with you money.
Ask lots and lots of questions.
you don’t believe in the product or service you are selling, then
you are in the wrong business.
- Knowing your value, when Ashley spoke for the
first time, how she struggled to put a price on herself as a
- Knowing who all of your competitors are,
calling them up pretending to be a customer to find out what it is
that they offer.
- Making sure that whatever it is that you are
selling, that you will be making a profit in the end.
you have a side hustle you need to know what the ultimate goal of
your side hustle is. Do you need the side hustle for fun money or
vacations? Or do you need the side hustle to pay a specific
to identify a successful business.
- Knowing your goal, are you building a lifestyle
or a legacy?
How to get in touch with Olenka
How to get in touch with Ashley Law
Ashley Law is your Host, of season 2 of the Why Arizona PODCAST.
She is a public speaker who specializes in encouraging women's
self-confidence, and body love. On this season she has the
privilege of talking with more than 20 inspiring, strong,
entrepreneurial and influential women right here in the state of
Let us know what you think! Check us out on our website