Feb 13, 2019
“How I defined myself at 38, I was a perfectionist. I was controlling. I was angry. I assumed this identity and this was just who I was. As a mom, as a woman, as a wife, this is who I was. Once I received my diagnosis… I began to understand those lightbulb moments of… I don’t have to live this way!” - Dena Larsen Gazeley
Dena Larsen Gazely is a Mom, an Educator, Body Positivity Fitness Coach and the founder of All Bodies Consulting! She sits down for an intimate conversation with our host, Ashley Law, covering both of their journeys through eating disorders and their process of recovery. After suffering from multiple eating disorders from the ages of 8 - 38, Dena now empowers others to change their relationships with food, exercise, and the way we view our bodies!
- When did Dena develop an eating disorder?
- Are all disorders easy to spot?
- Anorexia & Bulimia
- Can too much fitness become a problem?
- HOW CAN PARENTS SPOT EATING DISORDER BEHAVIOR?
- What’s required for recovery?
- How do you define yourself?
- How can we change what we believe about ourselves?
- How to help others when they feel hopeless!
- Binge Eating & Exercise Addiction
- How to use GRATITUDE for self-talk!
- How mindfulness can help us all!
- What is All Bodies Consulting?
- Why impacting even just 1 person will change your life!
Thank you so much for listening! If you got any value out of this conversation, please don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes:
Follow Dena Larsen Gazeley on Facebook:
Follow All Bodies Consulting on Facebook:
Connect on her Website:
Connect with Ashley on Instagram: @speakupbuttercup_
Other Links Mentioned:
Rosewood Centers For Eating Disorders: